Re: Disk mirroring

hi ya

best way ???

raid1 mirroring... ( assumes same/identical partition sizes )
	- anything you put on disk1  will get mirror'd to disk2
	-
	- if you accidentally erase /foo.txt ... it gets erased on disk2
	too ... ( i see no point to that ...but... some folks like it )

manually ( via cron ) backing up disk1  to disk2... is a good thing...

depending on what you want on the backup disks... tar is better ???
	tar zcvf /mnt/backup_disk/backup.$date.tgz /etc /root /home

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Backup.net

#
# mount the backup disks
#
mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt/backup_disk
#
# incremental vs full backups is left to the user to decide ???
#
tar zcvf /mnt/backup_disk/backup.$date.tgz /etc /root /home
#
#
# or my haphazard guessing ( ie. no idea )
# rsync -e " scp -av /root /etc /home /mnt/backup_disk/backup "
#
umount /mnt/backup_disk
#
# end of silly demo code