Re: Can anyone help me with a modem problem ?

On 11 May 2001, at 22:29, Ricardo Mauricio wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a Us Robotics 33.6 Internal modem, it has jumpers to set the com port and irq, and if i remove all jumpers i turns to PnP. When i connect to my isp i spend a secs online and then suddenly disconnects.. sometimes i can dial back, but most of the times when i use "pon <my connection>" pppd
just exits... and i try using minicom (after the disconnection) and the modem won't inittialize, i tried the modem on windoze and it connects just fine... maybe i'm setting it up wrong so i would like some help.

Hi Ricardo:
 You didn't say how you set the jumpers, but I assume you went
with pnp. My modem didn't work with linux on pnp, I used win to
see which com it was set up on and then set the jumpers for that.
HTH  Dean