Re: config of xfree86 with i810

> Hi everybody,

Hello,

> I'm new to linux and debian... I've just installed debian ad chose the x
> window and components but it says it cannot make a config file and cannot
> communicate with x server... My pc has i810 motherboard and i chose
> i810's all modules but still i couldnt manage to have a x server....
> For two or thre times a window opened saying configure the mouse keyboard
> card monitor and etc but i couldt do anything... it doesnt recognize my
> mouse or my card... Is thee anybody help this newbie? :))

Please specify which version of XFree do you have. If you have 4.0.x, then
try (as root)
XFree86 -configure
Thhis makes you a new config file, which you may test using
XFree86 -xf86conifg <newFile>

Regards
	Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner
Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side?  And hain't that a big