Re: where is in.proftpd

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 02:25:08PM +0200, Petr Danek wrote:
> Hi ,
> i am trying to setup proftpd to be run from inetd. I set sever type inetd in proftpd.conf and uncomented ftp line in inetd.conf.
>
> But i can`t find  file      in.proftpd      in /usr/sbin . Is it part of proftpd packege or other one ?
>
> thanks
> Petr

The current default for sid is to have inetd launch it from
/usr/sbin/proftpd, i.e. your inetd.conf should have a line like

ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/proftpd

If that doesn't work, you could always do a dpgk-reconfigure proftpd and
that should give you an option to run it from inetd.