Re: Multi-platform software development

romeu@petrobras.com.br wrote:

> Hello, debian users.
> I have a question not so specific to debian, but I'm sure you can help me.
>
> I'm in the need of developing a multi-platform system.
> Can anyone give me a hint of which tool's (libraries) to use? I'd like to
> develop applications for linux(es), unix(es) and windows.
> I'm even about to pay a little amount of money for it.
>
> Oh, I'm talking about GUI objects ( I think C++ written objects are 'a
> must') and libraries.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Gaucho,
You can also consider Java (java.sun.com) as there are many libraries
available and it is a relatively stable object oriented system. Get the
development kit debian file from blackdown.org. You can create Open
Source software but the Java packages are covered by SCSL(license) which
is not Open Source if that is important.
Eric