Re: AA with potato (strictly)

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Jens Benecke wrote:

> Windows kernel API to Linux. That means just about every performance boost

> But that also means that the Linux drivers need a proprietary Kernel
> module, which is so riddled with patents, NDAs and sub-contracts (which the

[ and also that now a video driver can crash/corrupt the system much
better than previously with the X I/O process model, like in Windows.
]

> So NVidia don't do it out of greed or stupidity, they do it because their
> lawyers tell them so, and because it cannot be changed that easily, and
> because 80% of NVidia doesn't NEED it to be changed.

if the short term net result is to enhance the availability of drivers to
Linux, good. But I am afraid this is going to be the path of many drivers,
and thus we will loose in stability, cleanness and freedom.