Re: Nautilus dies / restart after a while

> 1) Nautilus seems to go to sleep a strange way
>
> When I leave my computer on for a while (say 5 minutes) without using
> Nautilus (Nautilus IS running, it handles my gnome desktop) and click on
> nautilus icon (home icon for example), then Nautilus restarts.
> I can see it because the screen goes grey and is then  redrawn with the
> right background.
> I have to click on the (home) icon once again to get the window.

I had the same problem, I think it has to do with medusa, do you have
medusa installed. I figure that that the directory display somehow depend
on the disk caching that medusa does. That fixed my problem.

> 2) The disk menu used to mount floppy or cds only shows :
>
> floppy disk
> zip disk
>
> but not my cd drives. These are scsi drives, and are present in fstab.

All mine will show is my IDE CDROM and my floppy but not my scsi cd burner.
It must search fstab for common link names (RedHat ones probably)
like /dev/cdrom /dev/cdrom1 /dev/floppy /dev/zip. just my 2 cents.

David Monarres
ayeq@yahoo.com