Re: Debian install/2.4 Kernel/ATA-100 RAID

I origionally scoured every place I could think of to find a module that supported RAID for the D*** thing, but couldn't find a thing. I then was looking at the RH7 doc, and saw a thing about software raid in the GUI install (I didn't see it in the text version however...?). I just went ahead and created a striped array with the two drives in the HPT-370 bios, although I don't think I needed too, as in the installer it found "invalid superblock, must be initialized" or something like that. I then just went ahead with the install, and when I got to the disk druid I just created a /boot on of disk, a smallish swap file on the other (1/2 gig of ram...), and a "raid" partition on each drive. Then there was a button that lit up when I had two raid partitions that was something on the lines of "create raid array". hit the sucka, and the rest should be pretty normal. One thing to mention, if I were you, I'd try w/o telling the hpt bios its a raid array, that might help being able to boot off the disk. (I have to use a floppy...) About debian install, I haven't tried yet, it seemed like it wasn't possible yet, so thats why I asked...

Marcus

Jenserikthys@aol.com wrote:

could yoou give me some additional information how you managed to install the redhat 7.1 as well as debian including the hpt370 because my system freezes at install.
Are there some peculiar settings in bios, kernel boot up etc .
thanks for your reply

--
C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.