IDE/SCSI cdrom

    Hey guys. I have a burner that I'm using in Linux via scsi emulation, and
a normal ATAPI CD-ROM. Under 2.2.18, by adding

    append="hdc=ide-scsi"

    to my lilo.conf file, I forced my burner to be handled by the scsi
emulation driver. My cdrom on /dev/hdd was left as an IDE device.

    Now, I'm running kernel 2.4.4, with the same config. For some reason
though, the ide-scsi module is grabbing both devices. I want it to just grab
/dev/hdc, and not /dev/hdd. I tried adding

    append="hdd=ide-cd"

    before the above append line, but that didn't help.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a