Re: IDE raid - which is better ?

> > Promise has two cards that are very much alike. The Ultra100 IDE
> > controller and the FastTrack100 IDE RAID controller. They are so
much a
> > like that with a little soldering you can convert the Ultra to a
> > FastTrack.

actually, you dont even have to physically modify the card at all.  You
can accomplish the same thing by modifying the IDE cables which you use
with the promise IDE controller (it involves soldering a resistor
between two of the wires in the IDE cable).  That, and flashing its
BIOS.

I dont have a link handy but I am sure google will turn up something if
you are interested.

jason
jason@pepas.com
jason.pepas.com