Re: IDE raid - which is better ?

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 01:36:35PM -0400, Paul McHale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am putting together a workstation which will have raid.  I found the
> following vendors which have ide raid controllers:
>
> www.promise.com  (fastrack100)
> www.3ware.com    (escalade 3w-6200)
>
> I will be doing raid 0 (striping) strictly for performance.  Does anyone
> have experience with these cards or any other cards?  Any
> recommendations/comments welcome.

Promise has two cards that are very much alike. The Ultra100 IDE
controller and the FastTrack100 IDE RAID controller. They are so much a
like that with a little soldering you can convert the Ultra to a
FastTrack.

http://www.hardwareinfo.net/reviews.php?id=98

The site is in Dutch but I think you could follow the instructions by
just looking at the pictures. It's very esay. There is also a link to
japanese site over there, if that is what you speak.

--
	Casper Gielen
casper@huiscomputer.homeip.net, capslock2000@mailandnews.com