How many Linux is enough for lilo!?

Hi fellow Debianers,

I run into a prob with lilo. I want to have two Linuxes on the same
hard drive (root partitions /hda8 and /hda9 respectively) and have
lilo on the MBR.

Whatever I do, lilo can only recognize the kernel from one root
partition. I can have several kernels bootable by lilo, as long as
the reside on the same root or boot (if you have a separate /boot
partition) partition.

Maybe i overlooked something, could anyone give me an exerpt from
lilo.conf, where lilo boots two different Linux distro from two
different root partition?

Thanks in advance. -- Viktor