Re: How the average guy gets mail...

Cameron Matheson wrote:

Hey,

I've been using mail for the past month (or two), by running 'fetchmail ; mutt'.
This is a *little* bit annoying, because I'd rather be able to get my mail
and read it with one command.  Is their a way to download mail, while in
mutt?

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson

Just to round out the possibilities:

If your ISP allows IMAP connections, you can connect via
  mutt {TheMailServer.YourISP.com}Inbox
which, rather than downloading the mail to your local computer, allows you to manipulate your mail while it's still on the server.

Some advantages; some disadvantages; YMMV.