Re: Stereo sound

>Hey,
>
>I have a quick question.  Sound only comes out of the right speaker on my
>computer.  Way back in the windoze days, the speakers worked in stereo, but
>I guess I've never had it that way in Linux.  Do I need to do something
>special to get more than mono sound?

This does not sound like a sound card issue, but more like a speaker issue.
First, check the physical connections. Is there a loose wire somewhere? You
could also try sending the output of a walkman through these speakers to verify
both speakers are working. Can you switch the right speaker with the left
speaker? If so, if you know the right cable/signal is hot (it's getting sound),
both speakers should be able to play when connected to this cable. So, plug your
right speaker into this cable, then the left. If one doesn't work, you know you
have a bad speaker. Oh yeah, do you have extra speakers to try out, or perhaps
headphones?

If you come to the conclusion that the speakers and connections are fine, run a
mixer program (gmix, kmix, aumix) to test sound from the left, then the right.
I'd be suprised if the sound card was at fault.

Scott