RE: Creating an initrd

hi stefan...

mkinitrd  ...

or take an existing initrd.gz file...decompress it
into /dev/ram  or /dev/loop

than change the kernel to your version, add your libs/commands
and other stuff you want in the initrd to make your system
bootable

and compress that /dev/loop image into  your_initrd.gz   and add that
as your initrd image in lilo

or so goes the simplified 3-line howto...

either way...you need to make sure you have minixfs and /dev/ram enabled
in your kernel to be able to create initrd files

i created a full system in about 2.5Mb that expands into 8-16Mb of
linux hierachy that runs in memory ( /dev/ramxx )
	( put that on a 4Mb flash and you've got a nice firewall ?? )

you can try tomsrtbt too but, its bash is too small as is its libraries

have fun
alvin