Re: Auto alias on reply in mutt?

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 03:57:51PM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > I'm looking for a way to add an alias for every person that I
> > send a reply.
> >
> > I've looked in the documentation quickly, and I can't even find
> > a variable that contains the "to" address.
>
> I *think* that, while you're writing the reply, hitting the letter
> "a" will prompt you about creating an alias. Maybe it's at the
> sending/attaching/aborting section instead...

while you're writing the reply you're in an editor (vim, emacs,
teco :) not directly in mutt. in vi, "a" means "append" unless
you're already in insert mode, in which case it means "a". :)

> Here's what mutt's manual says:
>
> create-alias (default: a)
>
> Creates a new alias based upon the current message (or prompts for a
> new one). Once editing is complete, an alias command is added to the
> file specified by the $alias_file variable for future use. Note:
> Specifying an $alias_file does not add the aliases specified
> there-in, you must also source the file.

current message = "the one you're reading, whose author you'd
like to add to your alias list."

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #30 from Wayne Topa <wtopa@dmcom.net>
: