Re: Sendmail bug still biting

On Sun, 6 May 2001, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:

> 	The quick fix to this problem until it's resolved is to not run the
> sendmailconfig script. Remove the aliases.db and run newaliases by hand. You
> may also need to chown root:root *.db while in the /etc/mail directory as I
> have to do that with the current version in unstable or else the server
> fails to receive mail.

Interesting...  I can't reproduce this, even in a woody chroot.

You're indicating this is a permission problem - do you any logs that
would indicate what files/permissions are problematic ?

You can generate such a list by something like:
sendmail -d44.99 -bv root@localhost
--
Rick Nelson
*** Rince is wagner@schizo.DAINet.de (We have Joey, we have Fun, we have Linux on a Sun)