Re: DDS backups

» Alvin Oga disse isso e eu digo aquilo:

> hehehehee....arkeia was the "mistake"... if its not portable ??

	I guess so... ^_^

> dont know why people wanna pay $$$ for backup programs when tar is free

	I think so, but I got here and already found the system set up
this way, so I did have no choice...

> donno if you are looking for a silly script or not...
> backing up to tape is no big deal .... nothing special

	I guess that a silly script should be the best solution... hehe

> -- trick is you have to know what device driver talk to your tape drive
> -- since you did not specify.... am gonna assume /dev/st0

	That's perfect. It's what I got,  Sony SDT-9000/R w/ Adaptec
AHA2940.

> -- am assuming you dont necessarily need to use the tape drive to
> -- backup the windows boxes  ( the arkeia server/cleint thingie )

	No I don't... I only deal with Linux here... (altough the
workstations are running windoze... damned tradition of using that
thing... oh well)

	This script is almost what I need, it only needs some
adaptations, not a big deal really...

	Thank you.

--
[]'s