Debian installation instructions [was: Installing Debian over a Suse system]

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 11:33:22PM +0200, einar.jorgensen@fmc.kos.no wrote:
> I have installed Suse 7.0, but want to shift to Debian 2.2. I have read
> installation manuals and FAQs regarding installing Debian, but have not
> found anything on this item.

have a look at http://www.debian.org/releases/2.2/i386/install for x86 installation
instructions or at http://www.debian.de/releases/stable/ to select platform and language.

debian 2.2 potato (the stable release) uses kernel 2.2 and xfree 3.3.6. if you really need
/want to user kernel 2.4 and xfree 4 you can use unofficial debian packages for both or
upgrade your system to woody (the testing release) or sid (the unstable release). but a
system upgrade is an irreversable upgrade. once you find out sid is too unstable for you
it's too late.

yours martin
--
GnuPG 1024D/3E8DCCC0 30DC 1D28 1D79 32F5 5E67  3ABB 28EE B35A 3E8D CCC0
   work: factline Krisper Fabro Harnoncourt OEG (www.factline.com)