Re: How to get mutt to use mail aliases

> Now when I try and edit the To: Cc: Bcc: fields and press tab,
> mutt will not give me a list of email addresses from my file.  It
> just tabs across the screen like tab normally does.
>
> Note: I have gotten it working if I don't set edit_hdrs and get
> prompted for the To: address and then press tab.  But the
> documentation seems to suggest that it can be done as this
> quote points out: "To use aliases, you merely use the alias at
> any place in mutt where mutt prompts for addresses, such as
> the To: or CC: prompt. You can also enter aliases in your editor
> at the appropirate headers if you have the $edit_hdrs variable
set."

Is that by chance referring to when you hit "m" for new mail and it
prompts you for a "To:", "Subject:", etc and not at the point when
it's waiting for you to hit "y" to send it ?? When you're typing
your message, you can see the To, From, Subject, etc information,
but you're actually looking at your editor, vim, for example, and
not mutt at that point.

Hall