Re: X question

on Sat, May 05, 2001 at 06:50:52AM -0400, Sunny Dubey (dubeys@voyager.bxscience.edu) wrote:
> hi,
>
> how do I get Xfree86 to not automatically copy everything that I highlight
> with my cursor?

That *is* X behavior, by design.  I don't know of any way to disable it.

Under X, there's no separate keystroke combination required for
cut'n'paste.  You just swipe to copy, then hit the 2nd (middle) mouse
button to paste.  After doing this for about three minutes, any other
method simply sucks.

If you need to maintain separate paste buffers, this is possible, though
klugy.  There are several applications for managing your X clipboard.
I've played with several, but not in any depth.

Cheers.