Re: Gnome Packages annoyances

    Karsten> Place your response *after* quoted material.

Why?

I like to see the new message at the top, instead of having to scroll
down to access it. Especially in this case, since you can tell what
the poster is saying without reading the quoted message.

I thought it would make it easier for you too, since you don't have to
read the entire message to find out if it is relevant or not.

Whether he needed to quote the previous message or not, in this case,
could be debated, but I would argue that it allows you to see the
context of the message, in case the original message is no longer
available on your system (and you don't want to search the Debian
archives to find it).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>