Command-line arguments fro CD

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting Debian to recognise my CD-drive, even though it will boot and install from same. For the third time I have trashed everything and started the installation from scratch. I now think my trouble may be to do with command-line arguments for the drive.

The drive is a Creative 8x and Debian wants to install the sbpcd driver which seems logical to me. I have tried the argument: "sbpcd=<0x230>,<SoundBlaster>" as suggested in the CD-ROM HowTo, and variations of those, but all are rejected, with comments like "syntax error: end of file unexpected and installation failed".

I thought installing CD drives was bad under Windows; I've been grapling with this for a week! Can anyone pleeeez help?

Thanks,
Barry