Re: Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI - module loads, but no sound...

On Friday 04 May 2001 15:04, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:

> Oh, and I'm using kernel 2.4.2.. I'm gonna try alsa now.
>
> Thanks,
> Hugo van der Merwe

I have this same soundchip onboard and I also didn't get sound with the oss
kernel module. I tried alsa and it worked. Isn't it great that different
people make different software that does the same thing so you have a choice
in those many cases when something doesn't work.