Re: I have instaledl too many packages

On Mon, 07 May 2001, fg007@mail1.sjtu.edu.cn wrote:

The easiest way to find package names is dpkg -l, or pipe it through less: dpkg-l|less.  This will give you a list of all installed packages on your system and their current status.  Then you can decide which ones to remove.  Be careful removing things, and if you're not sure and it's not causing a conflict, it may be asiest to leave it alone.  If you're getting particular file conflicts, and you don't know what package that file comes from, you can go to the debian website, and do a search on the packages page - the second search engine on the page is for doing exactly that.
Good luck,
Steve