More Sid/unstable wierdness.

I am still battling a recent Sid upgrade that fried my test site file
system. My main problem is that the kernel boots into runlevel2 with the
/ file system mounted as read-only. I tried several ideas (thanks Osamu)
to remount the system to no avail. I decided to try to find exactly what
is going on by getting all of the mount info.
$mount
/dev/hdc1 on / type ext2 (rw, errors=remount-ro,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type pts (rw, gid=5, mode=620)
The rest of the output looked ok. What is the last line? I have not ever
seen that before. I have NOT installed/enabled any other file system
than ext2 for my kernel. I seem to remember avoiding something like this
when I compiled the kernel, so what is it doing in my system? Any ides.
Thanks.
John