Re: ssh question

ahall@secureworks.net wrote:
> All,
> I noticed today that openssh released version 2.9 Monday.  Can someone
> tell me why debian is using 1.2.3-9.3.  Is it that debian is only
> supporting ssh1, or is the version numbering just different?  Thank you
> for your time.

simple really. when openssh2 came out debian potato(stable) was already
frozen. frozen means no new packages unless they are critical bug fixes.
openssh2 is a huge upgrade and is not worth the risk for the current
system. the next version of debian will have a newer version of openssh,
not sure which one, check packages.debian.org to see which one is
in the 'testing' distribution.

ICQ: 75132336