Does apsfilter work?

Subject: Re: Problems with printing
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:56:29 -0400
From: Wayne Topa <wtopa@dmcom.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

	Date: Wed, May 02, 2001 at 06:59:34AM -0000

Quoting vdemart@supereva.it(vdemart@supereva.it):
> Well, Wayne, I don't really think a Debian potato distribution fails in a
> strategic and basic piece of software such as apsfilter. I rather think
> there's something wrong in my configuration relating to authorizations but
> I don't know where and what to manipulate. Perhaps I missed to define some
> special group, or whatever else..... What strikes me is that the test which
> apsfilterconfig suggests works great, while any following attempt to print
> dies unexpectedly. Any suggestion to fix it before eliminating apsfilter?
> Vittorio

Well I messed with it for a few hours and could never get it to print
anything as nice as the test page (which was really nice).  I read all
the docs but could not get the results I wanted on the printer.  I am
sure that it is a good package as many people do use it.  I just could
not get it working correctly.

That said, maybe someone else can point you to what need fixing.

Magicfilter took less then 5 minutes to get working and another few
minutes to set up a2ps and i was up and runing.  I needed a working
printer so I took the path of least resistance.

BTW, you should set your lines to a 70-72 char length for this list.

Good luck!  You should be getting responses from those who did get
apsfilter running.

regards
--
Everyone can be taught to sculpt: Michelangelo would have had to be
taught how __not to.  So it is with the great programmers.