Re: USB keyboard os install

At 6:06 AM -0400 5/1/2001, punt45ACP@netscape.net wrote:
You should be able to get a proper boot diskette at:
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/ images-1.44/

Bear in mind that you'll HAVE to use the 2.4 kernel, if you need USB support.
Please follow my link and check the kernel-config file. You'll notice USB support and this entry: CONFIG_USB_KBD=m I don't know if it is possible to change that toCONFIG_USB_KBD=y but I guess it's worth to try.

Good luck!

If his BIOS is new enough he can set USB to <BIOS> instead of <OS>. Then the BIOS somehow makes it work even in 2.2.X kernels. I'm not sure how this works, though.

--
Anthony Lau