Re: Ximian Gnome gdm broken?

That happend to me also,

I do not use Ximian, but just debian's gdm.  I do not reboot that often, so
having it fixed was very low priority.  I disabled gdm from starting up at
boot time, by remove the sym link in /etc/rc2.d/.  I login as root from
tty1 and start up gdm myself.  I have been doing this for a while and never
check to see if it had ever been fixed.
  Cannot give any advice, but I know what you are talking about.

james