Exhausted by P3V4X+Maxtor harddisk.... looking for ata100 stuff... suggestion?

Hi everyone,

	I am exhausted by my P3V4X board and Maxtor combo because of the
once-in-a-while system freeze due to the harddisk (some timeout out error,
and dma trouble) does anyone with that combination but works fine? I am
using kernel 2.4.3 right now... the system worked fine for me a quite a
long time

	Another thing is that I guess my maxtor harddisk is reaching the
end of its life.. and causing all these trouble (just a guess, I heard NO
weird sound from the harddisk) so I am planning to get ata100 stuff.. can
anyone suggest me some reliable/well behaves/long lasting ata100
harddisk+card. thanx in advance

	if I get ata100 harddisk+card what should be my transfer rate if I
try hdparm -Tt

Edwin Lau (lauedw@waves.utoronto.ca)