Dead links in sendmail package

   I'm using sendmail 8.11.3+8.12.0.Beta7-3 from testing and cruft is
complaining about the following dead links:

/usr/lib/sm.bin/deliver -> ../../bin/deliver
/usr/lib/sm.bin/maildrop -> ../../bin/maildrop
/usr/lib/sm.bin/vacation -> ../../bin/vacation

   Now, the destination of these links is provided by the 'deliver'
package which is not installed on my system (sendmail only suggests
it). So I have the following questions:

 * is it acceptable for a package to create dead links
 * should sendmail be creating these dead links? If not then I'll submit
a bug report against sendmail (why does it need them btw?)
 * or should the cruft be updated to not complain about these links? In
which case I'll submit an explanation file for inclusion in cruft (hmm,
I'm not sure you can explain dead links with an explanation file
actually).

   Btw, cruft also complains that the following files are 'unexplained:
/'. I guess it needs a '/usr/lib/cruft/filters/sendmail' file.

/var/lib/sendmail/dead.letter
/var/lib/sendmail/host_status
/var/run/sendmail
/var/run/sendmail/sendmail.pid
/var/run/sendmail/smcontrol

--
Francois Gouget         fgouget@free.fr        http://fgouget.free.fr/
     We are Pentium of Borg. You will be approximated. Division is futile.