Re: (OT) Storage (8*IDE HDs) any experiences?

hi ya...

might be easier/cheaper to use a simple RC delay to deliver
power to the IDE disks before the motherboard actually gets
the "power up"....

	- remember that the atx powersupply has a "power-ok" signal
	to tell the motherboard go ahead and power up...
	( aka  the power switch )

each ide disks takes about 1Amp at 12v to sping up the drive...
and most atx powersupply is on that borderline at 8 drives..
4-drives is no big issue

you can fit 2 power supply into a 1U chassis.... if you used 8"x8" sized
atx motherboards...

one of the 1u cases...put a power supply in the front and another
at the back..... ( kinda funky )

c ya
alvin