Re: Re: how to downgrade libc6?

> Download manually .deb file and use
>
> dpkg -i libc6-VERSION.deb
>
> to install it.
>
> P.S. I assume that you understand implications of such
> downgrade. If you have installed any packages that was
> compiled with new libc then they all be breaked. Check
> first that no important packages uses new libc6. If some
> important packages uses it downgrade them first.

thank you for the quick response!

i did not install any packages that were compiled with the
new libc6. i just installed the newer version of it and any
packages that were required to satisfy dependencies.

how would i determine which packages got upgraded along with
libc6? would checking the description of the libc6 deb file
for dependencies do the trick? i believe there was at least
10 other packages i was forced to upgrade.