Re: DVD movie hardware requirements

Hi,
you could have chances to get dvds working ok if you use a different
software. I currently have PIII-450 w/256Mb and xine is ready to play dvds
just perfect since quite some time. My gfx card is a G400 with 32Mb video
ram tho. Anyway checkout xine.sourceforgge.net and
xine.cjb.net. Installation is quite painless and it works *very*
good. Important performance factors are the X version (X4 here) and Xv
too. Also using raw devices gives some performance gain. All that tuning
measures are provided on those websites and you can use the "Wiki Wiki
Web" on www.linuxvideo.org as well for some tuning tips. After applying
all these tuning steps my CPU is now at ~ 60% load while playing dvds
seamlessly.
hth, Rolf