Re: printing text

	Subject: printing text
	Date: Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 03:29:05PM -0500

Quoting Stephen E. Hargrove(stephen@virtual-attorney.com):

> i can print from wordperfect (the MS version running under win4lin and the
> linux version), but i can't print text documents from the command line,
> pine, etc.  Here's my /etc/printcap:
>
> lp:\
>         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
>         :mx#0:\
>         :sh:\
>         :rm=192.168.2.50:\
>         :tr:\
>         :rp=:\
>         :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:\
>         :lpd_bounce=true:

Install the magicfilter package. On my remote printing systems I have
this printcap
lp|lp|Brother HL-10V:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :rm=mtntop.home:\
        :rp=lj:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet2plo-filter:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :sh:

Note the if= line.  The filter, supplied with magicfilter, is
what you need.

--
Micro Credo:
 Never trust a computer bigger than you can lift.