Re: sigh... and now what .. !\*#!!

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001, Adriano Peluso wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Ok, I run the rsync process and it took half a day.
>
> When at 99% I got a "file corrupted. Moved while tranferring?"  message.
>
> I looked at the server and the dir 2.2_rev2 I was downloading from had been
> removed ands substituted with 2.2_rev3
> but the new one was still empty.
>
> So I tryied with another server and this time it took less than an our but
> still, when at 99% I got the error message that follows.
>
> What's wrong now?

Adriano,

I don't recall exactly, but I thought there was some bug using rsync
method to make a pseudo-image under some versions of Windows (98, I
think?)  I turned out to be an MS-issue, I believe, and there is a
documented work-around.  Can't remember what, though, but I'm sure
google knows.  Also, you might want to just order a mastered disk
(probably get one for under $5 US), but I'm not sure about shipping to
Italy (though I think some do ship from UK which should be quicker
than from US).

Hope this helps and take care,

Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics