Re: Snarled console after X 4.0.2 runs.

Hall Stevenson wrote:
>Robb Kidd wrote:
>> My problem certainly appears to be related to others' experiences
>> with framebuffer issues.  How do I disable the framebuffer if the
>> CONFIG_FB entry is missing from kernel-source-2.4.2/.config?
>> Is this a line I can safely add?
>
> If you don't have that entry, you're probably not using framebuffer,
> so that makes your problem much odder. It's possible the entry is
> not exactly like that though. Check the "console" section, I think,
> for the items that are enabled. If there aren't too many, post them
> here to the list.

	Sure thing ...
#
# Console drivers
#
CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT=y

	... That is it for the console section.  This .config file was
generated "clean" by make menuconfig; I had renamed my old .config file
so as to have a new stock one generated.
	Maybe of interest:

** .config: **
CONFIG_VT=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y

** from dmesg: **
Console: colour VGA+ 80x50
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 96M
agpgart: Detected Intel 440LX chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xe4000000