Re: speedup nvidia?

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Anthony Lau wrote:

> Hi,
> Hmm..my X works without this option. Maybe I should add that into my
> XF86Config file!

I added this options but X refuse to use it; maybe it's not compatible
or something else.

> You need to comment out
> 	Load "GLcore"
> 	Load "dri"
> as these are not compatible with "nvidia" driver.
> Maybe also comment out the section, too.

In my case, GLcore is tryied and them unloaded as the module it's not

But dri is used; at least I compiled my kernel enabling it as well mttr.
Also, the NvAgp options is not being used by my X. I don't know why :-(

My XFree86.0.log shows:

(II) LoadModule: "GLcore"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module GLcore
(II) UnloadModule: "GLcore"
(EE) Failed to load module "GLcore" (module does not exist, 0)

(II) LoadModule: "dri"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a
(II) Module dri: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI

(WW) NV(0): Option "NvAgp" is not used

Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21