Re: speedup nvidia?

Hi,

[chomp]

I added the option Option "NvAgp" "1" to the screen section of my
XF86Config-4 and rebooted (somehow, once I get in X, my keyboard hangs when I
try to leave it and since I don't have a second pc close at home, the reset
button is the only feasable solution). Yeah. the green rectangle was gone. I
started an avi file and rebooted again (just to make sure, it was past 00h in
the evening). OK that problem was solved.

Hmm..my X works without this option. Maybe I should add that into my XF86Config file!

Section "Module"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "GLcore"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "pex5"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "xie"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
        Load    "int10"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
EndSection

You need to comment out

	Load "GLcore"
	Load "dri"

as these are not compatible with "nvidia" driver.
Maybe also comment out the section, too.

--
Anthony Lau