Re: dpkg -S inadequacies

Nate Amsden <aphro@portal.aphroland.org> writes:

> i was asking the system to show me all files named mkfontdir,
> which that command didn't do(just as comparison to the dpkg
> command dpkg -S mkfontdir)

No, you weren't doing that.  rpm -qf and dpkg -S do different things.
Something to do the equivalent of the rpm -qf would be nice.

Right now, I can't see a way to do it, because

dpkg -S '^'`/bin/pwd`/zone'$'

doesn't work.

The RPM thing is nice because you can find out what package matches an
exact file, and not get any extraneous results.

Some people cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.