Re: mutt and the running emacs

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 08:12:54AM -0700, Jim McCloskey wrote:

[snip]

> I'm migrating from emacs RMAIL to mutt and liking it (mutt) more and
> more. Within mutt, I have the editor set to emacs. But I always have
> emacs running anyway, so there's an annoying duplication when mutt
> starts its own emacs session. Is there any way to cause mutt to use an
> already running emacs as its editor?

Sure is.

Put this in your .emacs

 ;;; Load gnuserv, which will allow you to connect to XEmacs sessions
 ;;; using `gnuclient'.

 ;; If you never run more than one XEmacs at a time, you might want to
 ;; always start gnuserv.  Otherwise it is preferable to specify
 ;; `-f gnuserv-start' on the command line to one of the XEmacsen.
 ;;; Reuse existing xemacs by starting server.
 ;;; Use existing frame not a new one.
 (gnuserv-start)
 ;;;(setq gnuserv-frame t)

Add this to your .muttrc