Re: Info...

At 988120542s since epoch (04/24/01 08:55:42 -0400 UTC), Jenner Alm?nzar wrote:
> Hello!!!
>
> I just bought a new computer and i decided to install linux debian gnu, first i tested the hardware installing windows 2000 and it worked perfectly but when i start to install linux in the create partition section linux only showed me 8 Gb of hard disk when i got a 40 Gb hard drive.
>
> What's the problem?

This is a BIOS problem, and it affects all operating systems.  If your
computer is really new, then the BIOS should not be doing this to you.  Make
sure that your BIOS is at the latest revision, and that it recognizes your
hard drive correctly (check your BIOS settings).

Also, if you just bought the computer, and you cannot get it to address the
correct amount of space, call the person who sold you the computer.  Any
computer made after about 1996-7 with an updated BIOS should not have this
problem...

Jason

--
Jason Healy    |     jhealy@logn.net