Re: Info...

> At 988120542s since epoch (04/24/01 08:55:42 -0400 UTC), Jenner Alm?nzar wrote:
> > Hello!!!
> >
> > I just bought a new computer and i decided to install linux debian gnu, first i tested the hardware installing windows 2000 and it worked perfectly but when i start to install linux in the create partition section linux only showed me 8 Gb of hard disk when i got a 40 Gb hard drive.
> >
> > What's the problem?

Jenner,

Hi. You might want to look into lilo's 'linear' option.  I vaguely recall
that maybe something similar can just be passed into the kernel from
your install disk, but I can't remember completely.  See 'man
lilo.conf' (or search for similar on google if you don't have working
linux system) and also use the F-keys during the initial install
screen from the Debian boot disk which will probably help you find a
similar command to pass to kernel.

Hope this gives you someplace to start.

Take care,

Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics