Re: MC

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 08:25:55AM +0200, Ales Jerman wrote:
> Why is mc in xterm black&white, why there are no colors? Because ls
> --color does what I asked for, why not mc? (mc-Midnight Commander)
> Thanks!

whether mc automatically starts up in color mode depends on some
termcap/terminfo setting of your terminal.
There's a commandline option to force it to start in color mode:

mc -c

Alternatively, you can set the environment variable COLORTERM before
starting mc.

HTH,
Erdmut

--
Erdmut Pfeifer
science+computing ag

-- Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut! --