Unidentified subject!

forgive me if this message shouldnt have been sent into this list. If so,
please reply to me a suitable list for matters to come.
My problem is with serial ports irq sharing. I have both /dev/ttyS0 and
ttyS2 sharing irq 4, and ttyS1 and ttyS3 sharing irq 3.
On ttyS0 I have the mouse connected. The thing is that when I try to use
ttyS2 for something, there are only bytes transmitted if I move the mouse.
I think that if this was an irq sharing problem ( hardware)
I couldnt use either /dev/ttyS0 and ttyS2 at all.( except with irq=0 that
instructs the driver to poll. acording to the serial howto)

The serial device supports irq sharing and im running kernel 2.4.1.
Here are some details of my systm bootup:

, shared memory at 0xd0000-0xd3fff.
Serial driver version 5.02 (2000-08-09) with MANY_PORTS SHARE_IRQ
SERIAL_PCI enabled
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16450
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16450
ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS03 at 0x02e8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
Real Time Clock Driver v1.10d
ttyS: 1 input overrun(s)
ttyS: 1 input overrun(s)
ttyS: 1 input overrun(s)

I made some diferent tryes, placing the mouse onto /dev/ttyS2 and using
ttyS0 to transmit bytes, and the result is exactly the same.
Does this driver gets crazy and only acknoledges interrupts when both
devices r requesting attention? if so, then this could be  a simptom of
non-supported irq sharing by the hardware. But each device works fine when
there aren't any other processes requesting the use of hardware that use
the
same irq
What exactly is the problem? does someone have a clue to fix it?

thank you
J.A.Serralheiro