Re: <rant> grub <\rant>

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Gerd Arlitt wrote:
>

> > > The info pages are fine but i needed more info and found it in the
> > > May 2001 Linux Journal and at the IBM linux tutorials site:
> > > http://www.cn.ibm.com/developerWorks/education/linux/l-grub_eng/
> > >

> > This site did not work for me "Directory browsing failed - access forbidden"
> >
> Do a search for "grub" under the Linux section on developerWorks.
> It's a tutorial that you'll have to register for.

This is all fine, and this is all in the "we are intelligent, we can
figure it out" spirit.
But basic installation of software should _not_ be hard to figure out,
there are probably plenty more programs this applies to, and my guess is
grub will be fixed, if not by the programmers of it, then by the
distributions that will distribute it, by means of the install scripts
and/or configuration scripts.

If I am not running Irix, MacOS (or other weird stuff) and Linux on one
box it just should not be any trouble to configure.

I am probably singing a different tune than is commonly sung in the
linux community, but I do think it is about time for that tune:)

Enough:-)

--
Cheers,

Joost van der Lugt