Re: RAM economy tips

> after a few months I am using Debian at home I keep
> wandering whether it uses too much RAM.

Dont forget that memory is used for caching and suchlike..

Why is is so bad to have 90% memory used after all is it
better for it to be unused? you paid for it! ;)  So it is used
to speed things up, cache things you might need and re-used
when you request something in particular..

Unless everything slows to a crawl, swaps like mad or runs
out of memory you should take it with a pinch of salt (and
maybe wonder why the other 10% isn't made to do something
useful too)