Re: Use Linuxdesktop to login to an NT server.

carl.tan@delphiauto.com wrote:

> 3. Then download the startup script and map those same user directories to
> somewhere on the ext2 fs tree.
>
> 4. Access files I created on the NT server (like Lotus notes databases, email,
> etc.)
>
> Is this at all possible just by using samba?

Part of it is, with smbfs, but I'm not sure about the startup script
part.  Does it control mapping the drives?  Probably smbfs cannot
understand a Win/DOS startup script.  You might want to ask about it on
the samba mailing list.  Find that at http://www.samba.org

You definitely can map NT shares to ext2 mount points using smbfs.

Since this runs under the kernel, there's two parts to it:

The kernel-image-2.x.x packages have it as a module, or you could build
it into the kernel using a kernel-source-2.x.x package.

The other package you need is smbfs itself, which has the mount stuff.