RE: [debian-users] 3Com 3c900 NIC troubles

If that doesn't work, you could try 'alias eth0 3c59x'

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Marziani [mailto:michael.marziani@onfiber.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 12:40 PM
To: 'Randall Hansen'; 'debian-user@lists.debian.org'
Subject: RE: [debian-users] 3Com 3c900 NIC troubles

I'm not sure how linuxconf works on debian (I actually hadn't used it since
I switched from redhat).  I'm still learning about the whole Debian
subculture, but I think the "Debian way" is to just edit the files directly.
As I've begun to do that more I feel like I understand the system a lot
better anyway.

That aside, the modules file you are looking for is /etc/modules.  My
/etc/modules looks like:

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a #, and everything on the line after them are ignored.
3c59x

Pretty simple.

Of course I'm using a 3c905c, but I would think yours would work too.  Hope
this helps!

-Mike